Local coach Todd Shea is joining our stellar SoCal Volleyball Club Santa Barbara staff. Todd has success playing and coaching teams from novice to the college level. With an approachable and fun coaching style, he drives athletes to achieve change and results. Todd believes that the keys to success lie in fundamental movements, introduction to strength and conditioning, nutrition and being a part of the community. Whether it’s the proud feeling of killing the ball on game point or getting a reality check by being blocked on a crucial point, Todd coaches each athlete to learn from these, to challenge themselves and ignite performance. He is extremely passionate about seeing his athletes grow and succeed, the teams success and the mark the teams leave on the community and each other.
Coaching and athletics have always been a part of Todd’s life. Growing up in Southern California provided an active lifestyle and plenty of coaching opportunities. Volleyball is what lead Todd to beautiful Santa Barbara to play for SBCC. He earned the most improved player award while competing for the State Championship that year.
Todd has enjoyed all that volleyball can offer from indoor to outdoor and in playing and coaching. He and his entire family are involved in CrossFit and enjoy an active lifestyle. He is currently a Realtor with Sotheby’s International Realty and Founder of Goodland Clothing a local Goleta outdoor clothing company.
Experience & Accolades
- Santa Barbara City College Volleyball Player- CalState Runner Up ’98
- Former Santa Barbara High School Boys JV Coach
- Former u15’s Girls Club Coach for Sunwest Volleyball Club (San Diego)
- Former Granite Hills High School Girls Freshman Coach (San Diego)
- Former University City High School Boys JV Coach (San Diego)
- Current CrossFit Trainer at CF Innate- Youth and Adult Programs